For coconut stuffing
- Grated coconut : 1 cup(fresh or frozen)
- Powdered jaggery: 3/4th cup( adjust as per your taste)
- Elachi powder : 1/2 tsp
- Ghee: 2 tb sp
- In a pan add ghee and fry coconut till it turns to light brown in color.
- Take that into a bowl.In same pan add jaggery,and 1 spn of water and let jaggery melt completely.
- Now add fried coconut,ilachi powder and mix well till it becomes thick and comes together.It takes approximately 10 min.Let it cool for some time, but not completely and start making laddu by applying little ghee to hands and keep them aside.
- Milk powder: 1 cup
- Butter: 1/2 stick
- Condensed milk: 1/2 can(7 oz)
- In a microwave safe bowl, add butter and let it melt.Add milk powder and condensed milk and give a nice mix.Microwave it for 1 min, mix well and microwave for 1 more minute.At this point check the consistency, it it still needs to be cooked, microwave for more 10 seconds and check.(mine was done in 2min 20secs)If it is cooked more it becomes powder, so keep an eye.Once it is done, let it cool for few secs.
Apply ghee to the hands and take a small portion of kova and flatten it into a small circle.Take coconut laddu onto the kova and cover coconut laddu completely and give a smooth shape by rolling between the palms.